Monday, 16 April 2012

Electrical fire in Brighton


Electrical fire in Brighton

Firefighters were called out to an electrical fire in Brighton in the early hours of Sunday (15th April).

The Aerial Ladder Platform was called to a property in Grand Parade, along with two other fire engines, at 4.37am.

The small fire started in the electrical box.
General electrical safety advice:
  • Keep the area around your electrical intake clear of combustible material.
  • If housed in a cupboard - to keep the door closed.
  • Ensure you have an adequate number of correctly sited and working smoke detectors and know your escape plan.
  • Contact a qualified electrician if you have any reason to suspect damage or a fault in your electrical intake equipment.
Finally, since January 2012 Fire & Rescue Services and the Electrical Safety Council have been supplying caution labels to be affixed in electrical intakes.It's expected that these labels will also be fitted during the forthcoming roll-out of the national SMART meter programme.



No comments:

Post a Comment