Monday, 28 May 2012

Weekend Incidents

Hastings Country Park Fire

Firefighters were called to Hastings Country Park, in Fairlight Road, Hastings, yesterday (27th May) at 9.31am after reports of a fire.

The fire was out upon arrival and the Country Park Ranger informed. The cause is thought to be deliberate.

Hastings crash

Firefighters were called to a two-vehicle collision along Junction Road, yesterday (27thMay) at 10.11am. Two crews from Hastings remained on the scene until 10.43am and assisted police and paramedics by making the vehicles and area safe for the public.

Car fire

Brighton firefighters were called out to a deliberate car fire in Stanmer Park, Lewes Road, yesterday (27th May) at 10.53am. When the two fire engines arrived on the scene the car was still smoking but had burnt out and they remained on the scene until 11.42am.

Woman given oxygen after being trapped in lift

A woman in her fifties had to be given oxygen by Eastbourne firefighters after being trapped in a lift at Barbuda Quay, Sovereign Harbour South, in the searing heat.

A crew was sent to help the woman at 11.59am yesterday (27th May) and they remained on the scene until 12.23pm. The woman was tended to by crews and there was no need to call for an ambulance.

Camper Van on fire

Firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet, as well as firefighting foam (1-in-7 foam), to tackle a camper van fire.

Eastbourne firefighters were called to Chiswick Place, Central, yesterday (27thMay) at 2.20pm and were there for around an hour.

The crew were on-hand to stem the flow of around 40 litres of petrol which was running off into a nearby drain. Both South East Water and the Environment Agency were contacted by East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service informing them of the spillage.

Mattress set on fire

Hastings firefighters were called out after a mattress was set fire to in the children’s play park, in Blackman Avenue, yesterday at 5.36pm. It took minutes for the crew to put the fire out with a hose reel.

Fire started in Brighton woods

Brighton firefighters were called out to a deliberate fire started in Coney Wood, Mill Road, Patcham, yesterday (27th May) at 7.10pm. The crew remained at the scene for just over half an hour and Sussex Police were contacted.

Skate park fire

Brighton firefighters were called out to investigate a fire reported to be at the back of the skate ramp in Coney Woods, London Road, Saturday (26th May) at 10.04am.

A crew were there for around half-an-hour and located the small fire in the wood. The cause is believed to be deliberate.

Hastings Academy School

Two fire engines were sent to a fire at the back of Hastings Academy School where gorse was reported to be on fire.

Crews arrived at the school along Rye Road, Hastings, at 10am and remained at the scene until 11.06am.

Firefighters managed to get the fire under control and spent time damping down to ensure the fire was fully out.

House fire in Hove

Brighton and Hove firefighters were called out to a house fire in Saint Leonards Road, Hove, on Saturday (26thMay) at 10.46am. Three fire engines attended and firefighters tackled the fire wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel and one main jet.

Brighton motorhome fire

A motorhome accidentally caught fire in Eastwick Close, Patcham, Brighton, on Saturday (26th May) at 11.39am. Two fire engines attended the incident and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet to tackle the blaze.

Two-vehicle collision in Seaford

An elderly man was taken to hospital following a two-vehicle collision in The Esplanade, Seaford, on Saturday (26th May) at 2.15pm. Seaford firefighters attended and made the area safe for the public, remaining at the scene until 3.30pm. Both the ambulance service and police attended.

Oven fire in Brighton

Four fire engines, along with the Aerial Ladder Platform, were sent to a kitchen fire on the Bristol Estate, Brighton, on Saturday (26th May) at 3.21pm.

Crews tackled the fire wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet. No-one was injured in the fire, which originated from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment