Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Dishwasher fire in Lewes

On 19th December in the early hours of the morning, crews from Lewes responded to a fire at a residential property on Valence Road, Lewes. A dishwasher had caught alight and fortunately the smoke alarm had alerted the occupier. The fire was out on arrival.

Crew Commander, Green Watch, Andy Watson: said "This incident potentially could have been a lot more serious and I would like to take this opportunity to remind people to avoid using appliances overnight and ensure you have working smoke detectors in your property. In the event of fire, this will allow you extra time to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment