Firefighters were contacted after an elderly lady fell over and used her lifeline personal alarm system to contact the emergency services.
Three fire engines attended the incident in Shaftbury Court, London Road, on 24th February at 12.18pm.
The 92-year-old left a pan of milk on the stove, which she inadvertently left on when she fell over and was unable to get back up.
When crews from Uckfield and Crowborough arrived they forced entry to gain access to the ground-floor flat in sheltered accommodation.
Firefighters found the woman on the floor of the kitchen, with a burnt out saucepan on the cooker which had burnt itself out.
Crews ventilated the flat and gave the elderly woman oxygen therapy until an ambulance arrived. Firefighters will be carrying out a home safety visit this week.