Firefighters from East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service were called to a fire in Hastings following reports that there were people trapped inside.
Four fire engines, along with the Aerial Ladder Platform, were sent from Hastings, Battle and Bexhill community fire stations to Queens Road, on 2nd May at 3.20pm.
Residents of the terraced building, spread over four floors and used as both a commercial shop and residential flats, safely escaped.
The cause of the accidental fire is being attributed to a fire in the electrical mains intake box.
Occupants of the property were temporarily re-housed whilst the electricity board were called in to isolate the power. No-one was injured in the fire.