We have arranged a number of events to support Road Safety Week (18th– 24th November) and will be on hand with police and other partners to offer road safety advice and talk about the common causes of road collisions, including distraction for both drivers and pedestrians, driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs, speeding and not wearing a seatbelt.
Members of the public will also be able to learn more about the role we play with our partners in responding to road collisions and the real consequences of not following safety advice. Come and join us to find out more at the following locations:
- Brighton – Monday 2nd December – we’ll have two fire appliances parked in Western Road in the bus stop outside Churchill Square shopping centre between 10am and 4pm. Come along for a chat.
- Lewes – Friday 22nd November – drop in and say hello at our stall at Eastgate Street outside Waitrose between 10.30am and midday.
- Uckfield – Saturday 30th November – we’re joining the police and ambulance service for a road safety event at Uckfield Fire Station, Bell Farm Road between 10am and 2pm.
- Bexhill – Tuesday 19th November – we will be on Devonshire Road between 11am and 1pm with the local Roads Policing Unit to provide advice to drivers on avoiding distractions at the wheel.
- Hastings – our officers will be on hand to talk road safety all day in the Priory Meadow shopping centre on Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20thNovember. They will also be outside Debenhams in Robertson Street with an appliance on Thursday 20th and Friday 21st November. We’ll also be visiting local schools to talk to year 3 and 4 pupils about road safety. We’ll be joined by AF Blakemore & Sons Ltd, a logistics company with a commitment to road safety awareness, who will be taking along one of their large goods vehicles to show the children.