East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has returned to normal service following a strike by members of the Fire Brigades Union.
The industrial action took place between 18:30 on New Year's Eve and 00:30 on New Year's Day.
Crews made of non-FBU firefighters and officers were on duty to provide emergency cover.
They attended the following incidents:
* a car fire on the A21 at Silverhill
* small fire in a microwave in Eastbourne - flat ventilated
* rubbish alight in Hove
* fumes from a defective chimney in Newhaven
* house fire in Hastings involving three adults and one young child (who was taken to hospital for precautionary checks)
* person reported to be trapped at a property in Hastings - crews gained access and assisted paramedics
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for staying safe during this strike.
A further strike is due to take place on Friday morning between 06.30 and 08.30.