A serious fire at the Phoenix Theatre in Lewes on Saturday 29th March is believed to have started accidentally.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to the theatre on North Street, Lewes at 18.11 on Saturday.
Up to 40 firefighters from Lewes, Newhaven, Uckfield, Hailsham and Hove tackled the fire and were able to prevent it spreading to surrounding buildings. Crews also used the Aerial Ladder Platform from Brighton.
The fire caused serious damage to the building, but the occupants evacuated quickly and there were no reports of injuries.