Firefighters came across a number of cannabis plants after attending a flat fire in Brighton.
Two fire appliances were mobilised to the property in London Road at 9.37pm last night (21st July) following reports of a fire.
On arrival crews forced entry into a first-floor flat wearing breathing apparatus and using a hose reel jet to tackle the fire.
However, upon entering the room the team became aware that it contained cannabis plants which were being cultivated. Following a further inspection of the property more cannabis plants were found in another room.
The scene was secured by firefighters until police arrived.
The property was fitted with a mains fire alarm which alerted the resident to the fire in the flat above, the fire flat was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental caused by an electrical fault within the process of heating and lighting of the growing process.