A two hour strike by members of the Fire Brigades Union has ended and normal cover has resumed.
The walkout took place between 6-8am and is the latest action in the dispute with Government over pensions.
Contingency crews were on duty and attended one call - an automatic fire alarm in Wadhurst, which turned out to be a false alarm.
Further strikes take place this week:
• July 14th 2014 1700hrs and 1900hrs
• July 15th 2014 between 0600hrs and 0800hrs & 1700hrs and 1900hrs
• July 16th 2014 between 0600hrs and 0800hrs & 1700hrs and 1900hrs
• July 17th 2014 between 0600hrs and 0800hrs & 1700hrs and 1900hrs
• July 18th 2014 between 0600hrs and 0800hrs & 2300hrs and 0100hrs (19 July)
• July 19th 2014 between 1100hrs and 1300hrs & 2300hrs and 0100hrs (20 July)
• July 20th 2014 between 1700hrs and 1900hrs
• July 21th 2014 between 0600hrs and 0800hrs & 1700hrs and 1900hrs
Pass it on and Stay SAFE for eight days of strike
We are asking the public to speak to friends and family to help reduce the need to call 999.
Smoke alarms save lives – fit them properly and test them regularly
Avoid distractions – whether behind the wheel, out and about or cooking paying attention helps keep you safe
Family and friends might need help – check in on them and share our advice
Escape routes should be planned and explained to everyone in your home
You can find us on Twitter and Facebook and retweet or share our posts.