East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service has attended only a small number of incidents so far during today’s strike by members of the Fire Brigades Union.
The walk out in a dispute with Government over pensions began at 10am and will continue until 7pm.
Contingency crews are on duty but resources are reduced.
As of 17:00, we have attended the following:
• 12:23 – small fire in a kitchen in Eastbourne – crews used breathing apparatus and a hose reel
• 12:34 – small fire in the open in Brighton (a mattress) – crews used a hose reel
• 14:01 – reports of a small fire in a window frame at home in Northiam – crews used a thermal imaging camera and a hose reel
• 14:18 – reports from South East Coast Ambulance of a man who had been accidentally electrocuted in Hove - crews attended to ensure public safety until UK Power could make the scene safe
• 16:14 - road traffic collision in Eastbourne involving two private vehicles – one person was taken to hospital
A further update will be posted after the strike ends at 7pm.