Monday, 22 December 2014

Be careful when cooking the Christmas dinner



Keep safe this Christmas when cooking the Christmas dinner.

More than half of accidental fires at home are started by cooking.

Many kitchen fires happen when people are not paying attention or they leave things unattended.

This safety warning follows two kitchen fires over the weekend.

Three crews were mobilised to a property in Rymill Road, St Leonards, at 2.29pm yesterday (21st December).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle the small fire in the kitchen.

One man was led to safety where he received oxygen therapy and was then transported to hospital by ambulance.

Later the same day one crew were mobilised to an accidental small fire in a kitchen in Cornwall Gardens, Brighton, at 10.52pm.

Find out how to keep safe while you are cooking and what to do if a fire starts in your kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment